When configuring DHCP snooping and DHCP relay, pay attention to the following notes:
- DHCP relay only works on the L3 VLAN interface with single VIF, single IP address and single VRID if VRRP is used.
DHCP relay supports VRF function by binding DHCP client VLAN interface to a specified VRF.
- Inter-VRF routing isn’t support by DHCP relay.
- Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI) is supported in the Active-Active VRRP mode, but NOT supported in the standard VRRP mode.
- Enable IP routing function before using DHCP relay.
- When a DHCP Offer/Ack/Nak message with Option 82 is received, Option 82 is removed before the message is forwarded.
- The DHCP snooping function is only practicable to the clients directly connected in the local L2 domain, rather than connected through a router.
- There will be compatibility issues with DHCP features when upgrading from a version before PICOS 3.7.0, so upgrading from a version before 3.7.0 to this version is not supported.
- When configuring Option 82 in MLAG environment, remote ID should be set to “system-mac” and circuit ID should be set to “port-index”.