The set protocols vrrp interface vrid command creates a VRRP group.
This command applies to both VRRPv2 and VRRPv3 configuration.
set protocols vrrp interface <interface-name> vrid <virtual-router-id>
Specifies the Layer 3 interface name of VRRP device. The value is a string.
Specifies the VRID of a VRRP group. The value is an integer that ranges from 1 to 254.
When configuring VRID, pay attention to the following points:
- A VRID identifies the devices of the same VRRP group. Two devices in a VRRP group must be configured with the same VRID.
- It is recommended that VRRP groups on different VLAN interfaces of a device should be configured with different VRIDs.
- One chassis switch supports a maximum of 128 VRRP groups. Please set the number of VRRP group based on device performance.
- Currently, VRRP can be configured only on the VLAN interface.
- Create a VRRP group on vlan100 with VRID 2.