The set protocols dot1x interface host-mode command configures host access mode on a specified interface.
set protocols dot1x interface <interface-name> host-mode <single | multiple>
Specifies the physical interface name. The value could be ge-1/1/1, xe-1/1/2, and so on.
host-mode <single | multiple>
Specifies host access mode. The value could be single or multiple.
- Single: Only one user is allowed to access the switch port, unless the user goes offline other users cannot try to access the port. The authentication will be restarted if port is bounced or client is changed.
- Multiple: T Multiple clients connect to the network through the same switch port. If a user goes offline, the network access rights of other users are not affected. At most 8 clients are allowed to be authenticated on a single switch port, the ninth will be added into the pending list.
The default host mode is single. Note that changing host mode from CLI will cause re-authentication for all online users of the port.
This command is to set the nas-ip field in RADIUS access-request message. The value of the NAS IP address depends on the port connected to the RADIUS authentication server:
- If you use the management interface eth0/eth1 to connect to the RADIUS server, the IP address of the management interface eth0/eth1 should be used for the NAS IP address configured here.
- If you use the L3 VLAN interface to connect to the RADIUS server, the IP address of the L3 VLAN interface should be used for the NAS IP address configured here.
- Configure the host access mode as multiple on interface ge-1/1/1.
admin@Xorplus# set protocols dot1x interface ge-1/1/1 host-mode multiple